Air Conditioner Maintenance in Northern Virginia
Keeping Arlington Homes & Businesses Cool
When you kick on your air conditioner in the hot summer months, what do you hope happens? You probably expect to feel more comfortable. But that’s not all, is it? You want strong, reliable cooling, preferably at a low cost—and you certainly do not want to experience a breakdown when you need your air conditioner the most. Want to know how you can get all of these things in one quick, simple service?
You can have it with air conditioner maintenance from the HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited crew. Our certified Northern Virginia HVAC team can provide all of the cleaning, care, and optimization services you need to ensure your system runs at peak performance all season long. Patrons have been relying on our tune-up services for years, and we’re more than happy to provide them.
Is it time to schedule your yearly AC maintenance in Northern Virginia? Get all of the care and quality you need by joining our maintenance programs. Contact our team to learn more or set a date for your service.
Why Schedule AC Maintenance Services
What’s the big deal about maintenance? Well, it might help to think of the service in similar terms to a vehicle tune-up or taking care of a power tool. You perform cleaning, component checks, oil changes (if we’re talking cars), and similar care routines. All of this is done to get a more effective, functional, and cost-saving system. Air conditioner maintenance plays a very similar role. You choose it to prevent problems and protect performance.
Professional AC maintenance includes comprehensive cleaning, part checks, electrical connection checks, diagnostics, and more to ensure your system is running at the same peak power and efficiency it was the day you got it.
The Benefits of Air Conditioner Maintenance
We’ve established that air conditioner maintenance is good. But how good is it, and what exactly does it do for you? Well, quite a bit!
When you get yearly AC maintenance, you can expect:
- Better performance: When your air conditioner is clean, tuned-up, and working at its best, it just does its job better overall. When you kick it on, you can expect to get all of the cooling you want, no fuss, no problems.
- Improved energy efficiency: This is a crucial factor these days. How efficient your system is at doing its job and how well it uses fuel plays the biggest role in cooling costs. When you want comfortable cooling that doesn’t break the bank, it’s important that you get routine maintenance.
- Fewer breakdowns and problems: Our summers in Northern Virginia are rough sometimes and you never want to be caught with a system that is misbehaving or doing a poor job. Most problems that can arise with your system will be caught early on with regular maintenance before becoming an issue.
- Extended reliability: Air conditioners are almost a necessary part of living here in Virginia, but unfortunately, that doesn’t mean they’re cheap. Your AC system was an investment—one you want to last for as long as possible. Air conditioners that get routine service outlast ones that don’t by years—sometimes even double the life span.
Choose Northern Virginia’s Favorite AC Contractors
At HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, we only hire technicians who have been fully trained in the latest industry techniques and standards. We know that major repairs can be costly, so it’s important to find someone you can trust. During an in-home consultation, we will provide you with an honest appraisal, and we’ll always try to find the least expensive method to fix your air conditioner problems. In an effort to reduce our customers’ time without cool air, we prioritize those whose systems have completely failed. Should you need a replacement or new parts, we are well-connected with all the major distributors, which enables us to quickly locate any necessary parts.
We know it can be miserable without an operable cooling system, so we do our best to get you up and running quickly. Contact us today by calling (703) 455-6000 for air conditioner maintenance in Northern Virginia, Arlington, and the surrounding cities.
Air Conditioning Maintenance FAQs
Some of the frequently asked questions we receive about AC maintenance include:
Can I do my own air conditioner maintenance?
Yes. Here are some steps you can take between fall (heating) and spring (cooling) professional maintenance visits:
- Clean dirt and clear debris from around your outside condenser unit.
- Don’t let piles of stuff accumulate near your indoor AC/HVAC unit. Keep the area and the unit itself clean.
- Consider installing ceiling fans to improve air circulation throughout rooms if you don’t have them.
- Replace air filters as needed or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Vacuum and clean air vents every 30 to 60 days.
My cooling system works fine. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” right? Why should I pay for AC or HVAC maintenance?
Maintenance saves money. Without it, you’ll be lucky to get 10 years of service out of your system. With AC maintenance, it can serve you five more years or even longer. Plus, emergencies never happen at the “right” time. When it’s crazy hot and humid, that’s when your air conditioner will quit.
We’re available 24/7, but emergency calls cost more. Depending on where you live in the USA, you may pay as much as $50-$150/hour for emergency AC service. A refrigerant recharge can cost $100-$350. Buying a new air conditioning system can cost between $2,426-$8,900, including the removal of your old unit and installation. If you haven’t had any maintenance, your ductwork may also need cleaning or work for an extra cost.
What’s included in annual AC maintenance?
Your HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited professional will:
- Calibrate the thermostat
- Change the oil filter
- Clean the condenser coil
- Lubricate moving parts
- Replace the air filter
We will troubleshoot/inspect these components:
- Blower motor
- Electrical components
- Electrical connections
- Fan motor/blade
- Indoor coil
- Refrigerant level
- Safety devices
- On/off operation
We will also be honest about how much longer you can expect service from your current system. If there’s an area-wide problem, our maintenance contract customers receive priority scheduling. As a priority customer, you’ll receive a 15% discount on any repairs that you might need.
Our family has been serving families like yours for over 30 years. One of the reasons we remain in business while other companies come and go is because we are invested in this community. We’re invested in you. We’re eager to share what we know with you so you can make informed decisions. Call (703) 455-6000 or contact HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited with questions.
What Our Customers are Saying
I had my inspection done by Steven Worthy yesterday and I definitely wanted to make sure you thank him for putting...M. Scozia
Steve just finished the service and did an OUTSTANDING job! Keep up the great work and thank you.K. Lippold
Thank you! Great service. Your employee is first rate. Josue is a nice young man.B. Henry
Great Job changing sump pump by Chase Scott. He also gave me advice and knowledge for keeping and maintaining prop...Azin Razavieh
Chase was super helpful in replacing my garbage disposal and fixing my toilet. He was super friendly and completed...Erik M.
Chase Scott provided great service. Very friendly. He found the problem quickly. He showed me what the issue was a...Jodie B.
& Plumbing Unlimited
Dedicated to friendly & reliable service
We’re dedicated to your comfort
No-nonsense pricing for all services
Factory-trained and certified technicians
100% satisfaction guarantee