Furnace Maintenance in Arlington, VA
Expert Furnace Maintenance for Your Northern Virginia Home
Once the leaves start falling in the Arlington area, it is not long before winter will be in full swing. Make sure your furnace is ready for the cold by scheduling furnace maintenance with our team at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited. We are here to help with all your heating, air conditioning, and plumbing needs in Northern Virginia, and we have been serving the region since 2006. We are dedicated to your comfort, and we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our services.
Ensure your furnace is running smoothly and ready for the cold with expert furnace maintenance from HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited. Call (703) 493-1200 or contact us online to schedule an appointment in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, or the surrounding communities.
How To Clean Your Furnace
Most HVAC maintenance should be performed by a professional, but there are a few things you can do to help keep your furnace running as smoothly as possible between maintenance visits. These include:
- Replacing the air filter – During the heating season, check the air filter once a month and replace it every three months or wherever it looks too dirty, whichever comes first.
- Cleaning the vents – Make sure none of the heating registers or vents are blocked by furniture, rugs, or drapes, and vacuum out the grilles every month or so.
- Cleaning the furnace – Make sure the power is off to the furnace and shut off the pilot light, if equipped, using its valve. Clean and dust the front of the furnace using a damp cloth and use a vacuum to clean out any dust and cobwebs near the burners carefully. Restore power and relight the pilot light.
- Test the thermostat – Adjust the thermostat so that the furnace turns on and make sure the system starts properly and begins producing heat.
For more tips on keeping your furnace clean and running properly, call (703) 493-1200 or contact us online.
Why Preventative Furnace Maintenance Is Important
During winter in Northern Virginia, your furnace will run around the clock to keep your home cozy and warm. As a result, your furnace is sure to wear down, causing parts to wear and fail as heat and friction take their toll. Preventative maintenance services for your furnace help counteract this damage and catch any issues before they become major problems. Ideally, your furnace should receive service once a year, just before the heating season begins. At HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, we are happy to help. We offer furnace maintenance services throughout Arlington, Alexandria, and Northern Virginia.
Call us at (703) 493-1200 or contact us online for expert furnace maintenance anywhere in the Arlington area.
Our Furnace Maintenance Services
At HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, our furnace maintenance services are designed to increase your comfort while keeping your heating costs to a minimum and maximizing the service life of your furnace. Our typical maintenance visit will include:
- Thoroughly inspecting your furnace
- Replacing the air filter
- Cleaning the burners and the blower assembly
- Inspecting the heat exchanger and flue for leaks or damage
- Cleaning the flame sensor or adjusting the thermocouple
- Testing the igniter or pilot light
- Measuring blower motor current
- Measuring airflow and temperature
- Testing the thermostat
- And more!
To schedule furnace services in Arlington, call (703) 493-1200 or contact us online.
Call Today for Expert Furnace Maintenance in Arlington, VA
Keep your furnace in the best possible condition with annual furnace maintenance from HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited. Our team is happy to help with all your heating needs, and we offer:
- Friendly, reliable services
- Skilled, certified technicians
- Upfront, no-nonsense pricing
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee
Call (703) 493-1200 or contact us online to schedule furnace maintenance services!
Furnace Maintenance FAQs
How often should my furnace be serviced?
Most furnaces require annual maintenance service to operate correctly and keep the manufacturer’s warranty in full effect. At HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, we recommend two service visits a year, in the fall and in the spring, to keep both your heating and cooling systems in excellent condition.
Should I upgrade my air filter?
Upgrading from a standard fiberglass air filter to a pleated filter or a HEPA filter may seem like a good way to improve your indoor air quality, but the added pressure drop may actually hurt the performance of your furnace. Talk to your furnace manufacturer or the experts at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited before considering an air filter upgrade.
How do I prevent carbon monoxide poisoning?
Carbon monoxide is a tasteless, odorless, invisible gas that can cause illness or even death with extended exposure. It can be produced by any fuel-burning appliance that is not working properly, such as a furnace. Service your furnace annually and install quality carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home to keep your family safe.
What Our Customers are Saying
I had my inspection done by Steven Worthy yesterday and I definitely wanted to make sure you thank him for putting...M. Scozia
Steve just finished the service and did an OUTSTANDING job! Keep up the great work and thank you.K. Lippold
Thank you! Great service. Your employee is first rate. Josue is a nice young man.B. Henry
Great Job changing sump pump by Chase Scott. He also gave me advice and knowledge for keeping and maintaining prop...Azin Razavieh
Chase was super helpful in replacing my garbage disposal and fixing my toilet. He was super friendly and completed...Erik M.
Chase Scott provided great service. Very friendly. He found the problem quickly. He showed me what the issue was a...Jodie B.
& Plumbing Unlimited
Dedicated to friendly & reliable service
We’re dedicated to your comfort
No-nonsense pricing for all services
Factory-trained and certified technicians
100% satisfaction guarantee