Arlington AC Repair Pros Serving Northern Virginia
Our Technicians Strive for Perfection
If you need air conditioning repair, don’t wait! Sitting in a hot, humid, and musty home is enough to drive anyone crazy. No one wants to deal with having a weak or unresponsive AC unit once the hot Northern Virginia summer months roll around, and thanks to the experts at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, you don’t have to. No matter the cause or circumstance, we are primed and prepared to handle anything unfortunate that may befall your air conditioning this year.
Signs You Need AC Repair
It’s not always easy to tell if you need your system fixed.
Generally, you should call one of our Arlington AC repair contractors if your air conditioner exhibits any of the following signs:
- Your unit blows warm or only slightly cool air - There are a few reasons this could be happening. If your air filter is too dirty, then it will obstruct the proper airflow your unit needs to properly cool. Replacing a dirty air filter is something homeowners do regularly with ease. If this isn't the problem then you probably have a dirty condenser unit (outdoor unit) you can remove the debris yourself. If none of these are the issue then your evaporator coil most likely needs a thorough cleaning and should be done by one of our Arlington AC repair pros.
- Your unit makes irregular noises, including clunks, gurgles, or unusual clicks - All air conditioners make a little bit of noise. But if your unit's noise level makes you turn the volume of your TV up, or you can hear it from another room, then it should get checked by a trained professional.
- Your unit emits strange odors accompanied by poor airflow - If you're getting strange smells when running the AC, then you may need AC repair or a thorough duct cleaning. If you're getting a musky smell of mildew then you need a cleaning, but if you're smelling something burning coming from your vents then give your local Arlington AC repair specialists a call.
- Your unit leaks excessively or drips from along the ducts - It's possible you have a condensate line that needs repair, or maybe your air filter needs to be replaced as your unit isn't getting proper airflow.
Our Northern Virginia AC repair professionals are proud to bring the very best in repair services and are available at any hour of any day. We have the experience and training necessary to work on any make or model of air conditioner. At HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited, your happiness is our priority.
Central Air Conditioning Repairs
There are various signs that your central AC unit may need to be fixed. While we’ve listed many of the signs above, it’s important that we go into further detail so that you can easily identify potential causes that require immediate repairs.
- Leakage: When condensation forms inside of your unit (which is a part of normal function), a drainage system directs the excess moisture. When this system is in jeopardy, pools of water can form at the bottom of and around your unit. These pools, as well as any freezing along the sides of the unit or on its internal parts, are often sure signs your central unit needs repair.
- Strange odors: Odd smells that persist while your unit is running can be a sign that your coils are dirty, or that the filter may be clogged. If you’re just turning the unit on for the first time in the warmer season, some of this odd musty smell is rather normal. However, if it persists for longer than a day, it’s a good idea to call in the pros.
- Warm or slightly cool air: This is often a sign that the coolant in your system needs a recharge, and it is a cue to call in the cavalry.
- Irregular noise: Central air conditioning does make noise, but it often fades into the back of our minds within a few days of it running. If your unit is making enough noise that it calls your attention, it’s best to get it checked right away to avoid potential disasters.
Ductless Air Conditioning Repair
Ductless or “mini-split" AC systems come with their own unique challenges and issues, but the folks at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited are more than equipped to handle any problem that may arise. These units share many of the same signs for repair as central air, but there are a couple to keep your eyes (and ears) out for.
These issues include:
- Overheating: A running unit is likely to be slightly warm to the touch, which is normal. If it begins to give off excessive heat (like a hot hairdryer) and smells slightly of ozone, it’s a good idea to contact a trusted professional.
- Leaking refrigerant: Just as a central unit can improperly drain condensation, so can a ductless unit. Both require a check. However, your ductless unit can potentially leak coolant, which is a sign of a much larger issue and requires immediate servicing.
- System freezing or presence of ice: Many problems can lead to a sudden formation of ice or frost on your ductless system, including airflow complications, refrigerant issues, and even a system that just isn’t cleaned often enough! No matter the cause, you can count on the HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited repair team to root out the issue and get it fixed right away.
- Sudden rises in energy costs: Ductless cooling systems boast exceptional energy-efficiency in addition to low cooling costs—it’s one of the big reasons why they’re so popular. When your bill suddenly shoots up by even tens of dollars, you can bet there’s an issue. Call on our team to restore the efficiency of your system.
Heat Pump Repair
Our Northern Virginia AC repair experts have been handling heat pump systems for decades. We’ve seen and fixed it all. These systems, like other types of air conditioners, can encounter some fairly unique problems.
If you enjoy the benefits of a heat pump in your home, be wary of the following:
- Mode jamming: Since a heat pump can serve as both a cooling and a heating system, it features mode swapping. Occasionally, it can get stuck in one or the other—you’ll often notice this just as the seasons turn when you’re trying to go from “heat” to “cool.” The problem lies with your reversing valve, but the fix is a fairly simple one for our professional repair technicians.
- Puddling water: This can be accompanied by ice or frost, much in the same way as a ductless system. Undue condensation typically comes from a condensate system malfunction but can also arise when your coils or overall unit hasn’t been cleaned or serviced frequently enough. Especially with heat pumps, semi-annual HVAC maintenance is critical.
24-Hour Emergency Cooling Repair Services
Available for Contract Customers
Unfortunately, no problem is ever going to wait politely for a convenient time to arise (if there is such thing as a convenient time for an AC breakdown). You need access to quality, knowledgeable service from top-class HVAC professionals. In fact, you deserve it. And that’s why our emergency repair team is available any time, any day to help restore comfort to our loyal customers.
As long as you’re a current contract customer, when you contact HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited for emergency repair service, we’ll prioritize your call, sending a fully equipped and expertly trained team to your home right away.
It is important to note that while we serve everyone until 8 p.m., we only provide overnight emergency service to contract customers dealing with serious problems. Additionally, if you are experiencing an AC emergency, we ask that you please call us at (703) 454-5040 instead of submitting an online request. Phone calls better allow us to respond quickly to your emergency HVAC needs.
Why You Should Choose HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited
When problems arise with your air conditioning system, be it a central unit, a ductless mini-split system, a heat pump, or even a hybrid unit, you need the help of top-class professionals to restore your home comfort. Our summer seasons are unpredictable and often relentless, and we never want you to be left hot and uncomfortable during a Northern Virginia heatwave.
The air conditioner repair professionals at HVAC & Plumbing Unlimited combine years of experience, ongoing training, and the best tools in the business to provide you with repairs that get the job done right the first time. We place your needs and comfort above all else, and our service aims to bring you fast, accurate repair any time you need it.